GreenTeck Global FAQ

Find Out More About GreenTeck Global

Help Center

The GreenTeck MultiPurpose Sanitiser and Cleaner is made from HOCL or Hypochlorous  acid and is actually the same substance your white blood cells produce to fight infection. It is also known as electrolysed / activated water or Mother Nature's Sanitiser.


It contains just tap water, salt and a tiny bit of vinegar. This solution is then electrolysed using a special electrolytic cell to become hypochlorous acid. This means it is 100% natural and non toxic so it is safe for your skin, body, children, pets and the planet. 

They are very different! They have different chemical formulas; the sodium hypochlorite (bleach) formula is NaOCL and the hypochlorous acid formula is HOCL.


HOCL (hypochlorous acid) is the same substance your white blood cells produce to fight infection and is gentle so often used in wound healing products. It is often used as a disinfectant as it is highly active against all bacterial, viral and fungal human pathogens. Being a natural product, HOCL has no harm to our environment or aquatic life.


Bleach however is significantly harmful to our bodies and can cause health effects such as dizziness, nausea and vomiting when we are exposed to it; read the back of a bleach bottle and be shocked by the warnings. It is also proven to be damaging to our environment, many bleach bottles warn it is toxic to aquatic life when poured down the toilet...


An interesting fact is that you need a lot more bleach to achieve the same anti-microbial power as hypochlorous acid  -  HOCL is 80 to 100 times stronger than bleach, yet much safer.

HOCL is made from just tap water, salt and a tiny bit of vinegar. This is mixed together and then electrolysed using an electrolytic cell to create hypochlorous acid. 


Then voila! You have your GreenTeck Multipurpose Sanitiser and Cleaner, it's that simple. 

HOCL's main use is as a disinfectant, given how effective it is at killing microbes. It kills 99.99% of bacteria, pathogens, viruses, spores and odours. It is so gentle it has several uses in the medical space such wound healing, eye care and veterinary care. HOCL is also a miraculous stain remover and can be used on delicate or coloured fabrics.


The uses are pretty extensive, so here is a quick list:

  • Hand sanitiser 
  • Multipurpose surface cleaner 
  • Deodoriser 
  • Floor cleaner 
  • Stain remover 
  • Carpet cleaner
  • Air freshener
  • Window cleaner 
  • Toilet cleaner 
  • Fabric freshener 

The only cleaning product you'll ever need.

BS EN 14476 Appendix 2 2019: Certified to kills 99.994% of Coronavirus 

BS EN 1276: Certified to kill 99.99% of all bacteria 

BS EN 1276: Hand Sanitiser: Certified to kill 99.999% of all bacteria with a 30 second contact time

BS EN1650 : Certified to kill 99.99% of all yeast and fungi

See certificate here:  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0365/3222/4131/files/HOCL_Safety_Data_Sheet.pdf?v=1642613759

About HOCL:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0365/3222/4131/files/AquaTeck_Intro_Cribb_Sheet_1_2.pdf?v=1640013196


Safety Data Sheet:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0365/3222/4131/files/Correct_CHLOR_Copy_of_SDS_-_SC-100_AquaTeck_100ppm_270421JP.pdf?v=1640013770


More About HOCL: 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0365/3222/4131/files/A_HIGHLIGHTED_a.18_hypochlorous-acid.pdf?v=1640013834

Absolutely! HOCL is naturally produced in our white blood cells so its completely safe for our skin and bodies. 


Use it around pets and little ones, knowing there are no harmful side effects (unlike traditional cleaning solutions, read the back of a bleach bottle and be shocked!).


Whilst it is not recommended, it is even safe to be consumed! If your child accidentally drinks it, they will be okay.